Categories: Announcements Date: Feb 6, 2020 Title: JPTOS Job Announcement: Financial Director
JPTOS Job Announcement: Financial Director
Journal of the Patent and Trademark Office Society
107 S. West st #809 ALEXANDRIA, VIRGINIA 22314
By requirement of Article VII, Section 2(i) of the Society Constitution, Article III, Sections 4 and 5 of the By Laws and Article VII of the Standing Rules of the Journal of the Patent and Trademark Office Society, a vacancy is announced to all active members of the Society in the position of Financial Director of the Journal of the Patent and Trademark Office Society.
• Responsibilities will require attending monthly Board of Governor meetings
· The Financial Director shall be responsible for the day-to-day financial operations of the Journal, handling the books, paying the bills, collecting and forwarding all monies to and from the Treasurer including the monthly appropriation, responsible for payroll activities which primarily involves acting as a liaison with the third party payroll company that manages The Journal’s employees’ salaries. The Financial Director also prepares an annual budget for the Board of Governors and presents the Journal Budget to the Society Board. The Financial Director is also jointly responsible for supervision of the subscription staff, research to improve existing contracts and equipment, and knowledge of the standing rules and by-laws of the Journal. The Financial Director shall serve as a member of the Board of Governors but shall not have a vote on any measure affecting his or her compensation except for the Journal annual budget; shall serve as a member of the Society Budget and Finance Committee; shall provide monthly reports as set forth in the Standing Rules; and shall perform such other duties as may be assigned by the Board of Governors. In addition, the Financial Director will manage advertiser accounts including providing quotes for advertising space, invoicing advertisers and accepting, proofing, formatting advertisements and ensuring the proper ads get placed in each issue. The Financial Director shall also review web traffic data to determine successful advertisement campaigns and communicating findings to advertisers. Additional joint responsibilities include receiving and enter new membership applications into membership database, invoicing existing members and receiving and applying renewal payments, and canceling memberships for nonpayment or upon request. The Financial Director shall also be jointly responsible for coordination of social media related activities including gathering topics of interest and developing and posting content to Social Network feed and tracking / analyzing readership and followers to improve content. Finally, the Financial Director shall gather and organize data and documents for annual tax filings, postal filings, and various other legal filings as well as manage and keep up to date on all relevant copyright permissions and approvals.
• All applicants must submit their qualifications statement.
• A personal interview conducted by the Board of Governors may be required.
• This position will be filled by majority vote of the Board of Governors with the advice and consent of the Board of Directors of the Society.
THIS POSITION IS SALARIED
TO APPLY, PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR QUALIFICATIONS STATEMENT TO:
Josephine Chang email@example.com
DEADLINE -- 5:00 PM on February 21, 2020