Categories: Announcements Date: Mar 9, 2021 Title: (Deadline extended to 3/19/21) JOB ANNOUNCEMENT - JPTOS- Editor-in-Chief
Journal of the Patent and Trademark Office Society
107 s west st. #809 Alexandria, VIRGINIA 22314
By requirement of Article VII, Section 2(i) of the Society Constitution, Article III, Sections 4 and 5 of the By Laws and Article VII of the Standing Rules of the Journal of the Patent and Trademark Office Society, a vacancy is being announced to all active members of the Society in the position of Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of the Patent and Trademark Office Society.
• The Editor-in-Chief must be an active member of the Society and possess at least a J.D. from an ABA accredited school.
• Demonstrated skill set to perform the duties as noted below.
• Prior experience editing law review articles.
• A basic familiarity with typesetting and vector graphic design, including the software packages LyX and Inkscape.
• Ability to communicate with authors and subscribers under stressful circumstances.
• Ability to recruit and maintain a corps of volunteer editors and procuur articles.
• Responsibilities will require attending monthly Board of Governor meetings
The Editor-in-Chief will recruit volunteer Articles Editors from the ranks of the Patent & Trademark Office Society (PTOS). Select articles to appear in the Journal. Generally, this amounts to between 6 and 10 articles per issue or around 1,000 pages of typeset material each year. Typeset edited articles and layout advertisements, front matter, and rear matter for each of the quarterly issues. Ensure that the Journal is compliant with postal regulations. Deliver a finished product to the printer on or before the first of every March, June, September, and December. Act as a liaison with the Journal’s printer to ensure that the issues are printed correctly and shipped on time. Collaborate on other projects with JPTOS Executive Board members. Coordinate with advertiser accounts including providing quotes for advertising space, working with the Executive team in invoicing advertisers and accepting, proofing, formatting advertisements and ensuring the proper ads get placed in each issue. The Editor-in-Chief shall also review web traffic data to determine successful advertisement campaigns and communicating findings to advertisers in coordination with the Blog Editor. The Editor-in-Chief shall also be jointly responsible for coordination of social media related activities including gathering topics of interest and developing and posting content to Social Network feed and tracking / analyzing readership and followers to improve content.
• All applicants must submit their qualifications statement.
• A personal interview conducted by the Board of Governors may be required.
• This position will be filled by majority vote of the Board of Governors with the advice and consent of the Board of Directors of the Society.
THIS POSITION IS SALARIED
TO APPLY, PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR QUALIFICATIONS STATEMENT TO:
Seahvosh Nikmanesh firstname.lastname@example.org Jefferson 7A49 (571) 270-1805
DEADLINE -- 5:00 PM on March 19 , 2021